If you want to make the most of your investment, you should focus on a shoe durability. Palladium shoes are considered as one of the best in the world when it comes to durability. Palladium boots are sturdy but light, water-resistant, and were the first ones made from canvas, the fastest fabric to dry out! Are palladium boots durable? Yes they are so DURABLE! Let’s see why!
HISTORY AS A UNIFORM OF ELITE FRENCH LEGIONS
”Legio patria nostra!” (The legion is our country), a french foreign legion shouts. Soldiers from the different corners of the world were joining elite french foreign legion forces after WWII. Being a legionnaire was not about fighting, but about surviving in some of the harshest environments. The Foreign Legion at the time was mostly stationed in the North African desert, so they needed a durable and comfortable boot that worked in those hot conditions. So WHAT SHOES did they use to wear??? It was PALLADIUM! As Palladium’s boots were made of canvas, it was breathable in hot weather. Also they’re resistent, comfortable and durable.
WHAT ARE PALLADIUM SHOES MADE OF?
One of the important thing to look for in durability is the quality of materials used in a shoe. Palladium shoes are made of such durable and breathable materials.
- Paradrop insole: The Pampa boot was originally designed in 1947 to protect paratroopers in action. 70 years later, not much has changed, and modern day explorers can experience the same smooth landing when they go out pounding the pavement.
- Rubber sole: When you are walking on snow-covered streets or on a wet pavement, shoes with rubber soles are recommended for you as they provide better traction on wet surfaces. And the chance of slipping gets reduced as well.
- Canvas: Canvas is a coarse cloth material made of hemp that is used in a number of things including sails, tents, boards (used for painting on, i.e. painting canvasses) and shoes. Also it is an affordable, durable material that softens over time. They are fuss-free, easy to clean, stain-proof and waterproof. A big advantage of canvas shoes is that they are a low maintenance and no fuss kind of shoe. In other words taking care of them is a snap.
- Cotton canvas: However ost canvas fabrics are made from hemp, but some may also be made using cotton. Either way, they are breathable enough to keep you comfortable when the temperatures are rising!
- Polyester: Being a synthetic fiber, polyester is a cheaper option and has many advantages that cotton does not have. It has strong fibers that do not wear down as quickly, while being flexible and resistant to wrinkles and shrinking.
- Suede: Suede is made from the split end of the hide, therefore it’s softer, more porous, but less resistant to stains and scuffs.
- Nubuck: Nubuck is made from the outside of the hide, accordingly it is more tough and rough and more long-lasting than suede.